Efficient process optimization with O2 in situ measurement
Technical Short Facts
- Measuring principle Zirconium dioxide, Galvanic cell
- Measuring range 0,1-25 Vol.%, 1-50 Vol.%, 0-100 Vol.% (others on request)
- Drift < ± 2% value / year
- Accuracy <0,2% FS (full scale) ± 3% value
- Housing Aluminium (IP65), PA
- Mechanical connections G 1¼”, GL 45, Tri-Clamp SMS38, hose connection 4-12 mm etc.
- Temperature inside of the sensor unit 580°C 1076°F 3°C higher than process temperature 5.4°F higher than process temperature Don‘t use in explosive atmosphere
- Output RS232, 4-20mA, Ethernet (with BACCom), USB
Oxygen is the essential element of life and it´s measurement resembles a central point in controlling biotechnological processes. Applying BPC-O2 gas analyzers oxygen concentrations can be measured in situ directly from the exhaust gas flow. Combination of the BCP-O2 analyzer with a bioprocess software (as BlueVis) respiration parameters as OUR (oxygen uptake rate) can be determined to increase efficiency and precision in bioprocess optimization. Fitting to fermenters and bioreactors of each scale, scaling up by using one and the same measurement technique is feasible.
BCP-O2 – non-invasive measurement independent from flow and scale
- in-situ gas analysis ➔ non-invasive measurement directly where it happens
- flow and scale independent ➔ one type of analyzer (technology) type for all scales ➔ less variations and unpredictable influences
- direct integration in gas pipelines behind the sterile barrier ➔ calibrate your analyzer at any time without the risk of contamination
- pressure and temperature compensated automatically leading to high accuracy and process reliability
- universal mounting opportunities for convenient integration on new or existing equipment
- standardized data interfaces for simple connection to any process lead system (PLS)
- pharmaceutical industry
- biogas plants
- any type of fermentation processes
- laboratory scale
- large industrial plants
- (parallel) bioreactors
- connection to single-use reactors available
BCP-O2, zirconium dioxide, suitable for 0,1-25 Vol.% and 1-50Vol.%
BCP-O2ec, galvanic cell, suitable for 0-100 Vol.%
Also interesting for you:
BlueVary – for 100% flexibility
BlueVary is a maintenance free gas analyzer for variable applications. By freely selectable sensor cartridges different measuring tasks can be covered by just one device.
BlueVary consists of a basis element with measurement places for two of the variable gas sensor cartridges. That way two gases can be measured in parallel. The third place holds a sensor cartridge for pressure and/or humidity. An integrated display ensures insight of the measured data at any time. Various mechanical connections make BlueVary fit on every fermenter. Numerous data output possibilities are available. Annual maintenance is unnecessary. To maintain accuracy of the readings a one-point calibration has to be performed (by the user) in reasonable time intervals.
OEM sensors – customized sensors are our daily business
BlueSens' high quality measurement technique integrated in your device or provided with your label? We are already producing our sensors OEM for market leading fermenter manufacturers.
If you are interested in an individual OEM solution, please