In situ determination of hydrogen concentrations – robust and stable
Technical Short Facts
- measuring principle: thermal conductivity detector
- concentration ranges: H2: 0 – 10 Vol.%, 0 – 50 Vol.%, 0 – 100 Vol.% (others on request)
- accuracy: < 0.2% FS (full scale) ± 3% reading
- drift: < ± 2% reading / year
- temperature: different temperature ranges available
- pressure range: 0.8 - 1.3 bar/11.6 – 18.85 psi absolute pressure (others on request)
- housing: aluminum (IP65) or PA
- cross sensitivity: BCP-H2 provides the best measurement results in binary gas mixtures. For other gas mixtures please consult us for advice.
The BCP-H2 is a cost effective analyzer suitable for most process applications (biological and chemical) where determination of hydrogen concentration is necessary. The principle of measurement is thermal conductivity which means that there is specific cross sensitivity with other gases. The degree of cross sensitivity depends on the thermal conductivity of the other gases present in the mixture and the specification of the sensor. The greatest precision is seen in binary gas mixtures e.g. H2/CO2, H2/N2 and H2/Ar. For other gas mixtures please consult our technical support team. BCP-H2 can be connected to culture vessels of any scale. All BCP-analyzers are available with aluminum (pilot to industrial scale use) or PA (lab scale) casings. If you´re interested in measuring hydrogen and another gas simultaneously, please look at the BlueVary section.
BCP-H2 – precise and stable determination of hydrogen concentrations
- robust and stable
- concentration range up to 100 Vol. %
- no minimum gas flow needed
- direct integration in gas pipes, installation of additional gas pipes is not necessary
- no extra gas cooler, no pumps
- fast installation due to standard connection
- low maintenance costs
- factory calibration using certificated test gases
- biological and chemical industry
- anaerobic microbial processes
- biogas & biofuels
- algal culture (hydrogen production)
Also interesting for you:
BlueVary – for 100% flexibility
BlueVary is a maintenance free gas analyzer for variable applications. By freely selectable sensor cartridges different measuring tasks can be covered by just one device.
BlueVary consists of a basis element with measurement places for two of the variable gas sensor cartridges. That way two gases can be measured in parallel. The third place holds a sensor cartridge for pressure and/or humidity. An integrated display ensures insight of the measured data at any time. Various mechanical connections make BlueVary fit on every fermenter. Numerous data output possibilities are available. Annual maintenance is unnecessary. To maintain accuracy of the readings a one-point calibration has to be performed (by the user) in reasonable time intervals.
OEM sensors – customized sensors are our daily business
BlueSens' high quality measurement technique integrated in your device or provided with your label? We are already producing our sensors OEM for market leading fermenter manufacturers.
If you are interested in an individual OEM solution, please